Hello friends! We pushed the start date back and expand the living room tour! We have hosting offers in most towns and we’ll start getting in touch to confirm those shows this week. We’re still looking for hosts in the areas listed in BOLD below. Please get in touch if you live in or near one of these cities and want to host a show. We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your space for about 3 hours and check names off the list at the door. In return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
TICKETS GO ON SALE MARCH 18 at 2pm (CT) / 3pm (ET)
* = CONFIRMED SHOW
25 – Dallas *
26 – Tulsa *
27 – Oklahoma City – host pending
28 – Springfield MO *
29 – Memphis *
30 – Nashville *
1 – Knoxville *
2 – Chapel Hill *
3 – Baltimore *
4 – Philadelphia *
5 – OFF
6 – New York NY *
7 – Winooski RI – Waking Window Festival *
8 – Beacon NY *
9 – Buffalo NY *
10 – Toronto ONT *
11 – Pittsburgh PA *
12 – Cleveland OH *
13 – Chicago IL – HOST NEEDED
14 – Chicago IL *
15 – Madison *
16 – Minneapolis *
17 – OFF / DRIVE
18 – Omaha NE *
19 – Lawrence KS *
20 – OFF / DRIVE
21 – Denver CO *
22 – Santa Fe NM – HOST NEEDED
23 – Tucson AZ – HOST NEEDED
1. Read everything below so you know how it works.
2. email firstname.lastname@example.org this info:
– a. Your address.
– b. A few photos of your living room.
– c. Please put “Califone Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
4. This email goes to the folks at Undertow. They will gather all of the emails, sort out the final routing and start getting back to hosts to confirm shows after the submissions deadline.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, small gallery, studio or other private space that can comfortably and safely host 40-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $20. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
7. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All we need is a nearby electrical outlet for Tim to plug in some gear. It’s good if you have ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood and a small table or counter top where Tim can sell some merchandise before and after the show.
8. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
9. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
10. We love dogs and cats… we really do! But an excitable pet running around during the show can be distracting for the guests and performers. If you have curious and friendly 4-legged family members, would you be ok with putting them in another part of the house or sending them to a friend’s house during the show?